Pages

August 14, 2013

Thank You Carrie!

From the time I found out I was pregnant I knew I wanted to try to experience labor and avoid another c-section if possible.  I also knew that we wanted to have extra support this time around.  Immediately I talked to Carrie, someone I've known for several years.  Someone who is heart centered with a gentle loving nature and loves babies!  Carrie was the perfect choice and the only doula considered.  :)


Carrie was so supportive throughout my pregnancy always knowing when to check on me.  She knew how to pick me up and keep me focused when I was feeling my worst and getting overwhelmed.

Frazer and I are both so grateful for her support throughout the 26 hours of labor.  Frazer has said many times since Julian was born that anyone in labor should consider using a doula. Frazer and Carrie were able to cover for each other so they both had the chance to take some breaks while making sure I had continuous support.  They were an excellent team and I feel so blessed!

The day Julian was born Frazer had a fortune cookie with his dinner that he saved.  He brought it to me the next morning and it was so perfect! "You'll never know what you can do until you try."

I never would have made it through 22 hours of labor without pain medication without Carrie's guidance and support.  Through my exhaustion and pain she was the calm to keep me focused and grounded.  When I thought I couldn't possible handle anymore she helped me through each single step.
I simply wouldn't have been able to overcome the many obstacles of labor without Carrie leading the way.  Her guidance, support and comfort will always be cherished.  She'll always be my angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment