Pages

August 11, 2013

Wet Wake Up....Round 2!

All I can say is this little baby is either trying to make a dramatic entrance or is determined to keep me on my toes! At 2:30 am this morning I was laying on my left side and started to roll over to the other side.  Mid roll I felt something warm.....then wet.  In an instant I smacked Frazer on the arm and told him "I'm wet, I'm wet, turn the light on!" I quickly jumped out of bed and shuffled as quickly as possible to the bathroom to get on the tile floor and off the carpet.

Frazer went and grabbed a couple of beach towels and sure enough, it was my water breaking.  The Niagara Falls gushing had officially started!  I really wanted to be excited but after the false alarm on Friday I waited to call the doctor.  Instead I seized the opportunity to take a quick shower to get cleaned up and to wake up.  The entire time I continued to gush but I still wanted to wait to call the doctor. I really wanted to make sure it was my water breaking this time.   Instead, I had Frazer call Sue first to give her a heads up and time to make her way from Midtown to Alpharetta to watch Isaac.

I continued to get dressed and then at 3:15 am I called the doctor.  At this point I was confident it was my water breaking and then I let myself be excited!!  It was finally time to for this little bundle of love to make their debut.  The next text/call was to Carrie, at 3:24 am, (my doula) to give her a heads up we were heading to the hospital.

As soon as Sue arrived, Frazer had everything loaded in the car and it was time for us to leave.  I made sure to sit on two beach towels for the ride to the hospital and it was a good thing too!

The ride to the hospital was so surreal.  I was so excited to finally be going in to labor.  I was also a bit anxious too.  Given the c-section with Isaac this was going to be the first time to truly experience labor and I really had no idea what to expect.   With each contraction more fluid gushed and the level of discomfort increased.  Regardless of what I was in for I was comforted by the thought of holding this sweet little baby for the first time and that for sure is a great motivator.

Driving downtown in the wee hours of the morning with very little traffic on the road was also an answered prayer.  So many times I had stated my intention out loud to the universe to please make sure I didn't go into labor during rush out labor in Atlanta traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment