Pages

August 12, 2013

Some TLC for Mama & Julian

It was so nice to finally be moved to a room to get settled in and rest.  My first order of business was ordering breakfast! After going without caffeine for the past three weeks I couldn't wait to get my hands on a cup of full strength caffeinated coffee. When breakfast arrived it was the best omelet with tomatoes, ham and cheese I'd ever had.  The simple toasted bagel was divine and the bacon was heavenly.  The orange juice and coffee were just icing on the cake.  Even though I had a light sandwich in the labor/delivery area around 6:30 am my body still felt like it hadn't received any nourishment in days.  I'm still grateful for the feast Sue prepared the night before my water broke or I might not have made it as far as I did during labor.

The boys were in the nursery for awhile so I unpacked a few my essentials and then took a much needed rest until they arrived.  I took advantage of the quiet time but I was certainly missing my baby boy and my big boy too :).  Before long they arrived....


Julian was still coughing up mucous and to help him out the nurses propped him up a bit.


He wasn't a fan of his first bath....


He was much happier when he was finished and back under the warmer.


Frazer took the cutest picture of his feet after his footprints were taken.


Once he was resting peacefully Frazer stepped out for lunch and I was eager to seize the opportunity for a shower.  Once I was cleaned up I felt so much better.  A full tummy, a warm shower, a clean hospital gown and it was time for a much needed nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment