Pages

May 7, 2013

Toddler Time at the Dealership

Today's toddler entertainment activity to stay out of the way of the painters was a trip to the dealership for a service and oil change.  I had a full bag of legos, books and other toys to help keep Isaac busy.  Within the first 15 minutes of waiting we had read 2 books, walked the lot of the dealership and had a diaper change.  Then we found a dedicated play room.

This was a kid friendly space perfect for exploring and keeping him confined without disrupting the other waiting customers.  Isaac investigated everything.


He took out all the toys and carefully inspected each one.


He found a broken toy guitar that didn't seem to bother him.  He was very intrigued by the components he could see between the broken panels.  He really wanted to get the back panel off for a closer examination.


He would settle down a few moments at a time while I was reading books to him but those quiet moments never lasted long.  Just long enough for a quick rest then he was up and on the go again.

Before long it was time to go which was a good thing.  I was worn out!

Once we were home and Isaac was down for his nap I got started on a special treat for Papa for dinner time.  Earlier this morning I had put a pot roast in the crockpot and the perfect compliment was in order.  Fresh bread.


I made 2 loaves and they were wonderful! It's not something I make often.  I'd really like to say I was able to make fresh bread weekly but that would pose a huge problem.  As soon as it comes out of the oven we can polish off a loaf in one sitting.  As much enjoyment as that may bring and I don't think my closet would appreciate the additional pounds it would most certainly bring.  So, it's a treat item.  And a treat we all enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment