Pages

May 16, 2013

A Full Day....

Isaac started the day off full of energy and went full force with his yogurt.  He decided the spoon wasn't going to fill his tummy quick enough so why not just use fingers and expedite the whole breakfast process and get on to the fun stuff.


We spent the morning playing and then attempted to go for a walk.  Isaac wanted to ride his tricycle so we went for a venture around the neighborhood but at one point I guess something more interesting caught his eye and he jumped off with no warning.  He wanted to walk for a bit, feel the grass, pick up some rocks and then ride his tricycle again.  This process repeated itself several times the entire way back to the house.  When we got back he was a worn out little boy.


While Isaac was napping I had a few reflective moments.....


Isaac and I had made some chocolate chip cookies earlier in the week and while enjoying an afternoon snack I had a moment of awareness when I realized I had been balancing the plate on my belly.  Knowing this is the last time I plan to be pregnant this was a moment I chose to capture.  It's also a moment I'll cherish and perhaps miss.

Afterwards I spent some time in what's to be Isaac's new room.  We've been working very hard on having it painted, a new crib was bought and put together and a few accessories are coming together and the curtains for his new room have been started.  I sat down in the new chair for his room and looked out into the hallway.  It was a beautiful moment to let the reality soak in that we now have two rooms that are being decorated for two of our children.  Two rooms, two cribs, two kids...and many wonderful memories that have yet to be made.  It was almost as if I could envision the hallway filled with laughter and arguments at the same time.  

So far pregnancy with the second child has been a bit different than the first.  It's a bit more difficult to find the quiet moments when chasing after a toddler.  When I was pregnant with Isaac I carried him everywhere I went and there were lots of moments in the car, at work, or out by myself preparing for his arrival to revel in the bliss of pregnancy and motherhood.  The second time around the pace and demands of life are a bit different but that doesn't mean there isn't the same amount of love or anticipation.  It just means the quiet moments are cherished that much more since there are fewer of them.

Life is certainly going to change with two little one's running around.  I know there will be challenges but the love and laughter will outweigh it all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment