Pages

May 24, 2013

Homeward Bound & New Floors

I managed to convince my early riser to go back to sleep this morning when he woke up at 5:00 am.  I'm all for getting up early but I'm wasn't ready to start the day that early considering we were driving home today.

Isaac had a fun morning playing with Nana and Grandpa while I packed up and got us ready to go home.  The morning goal was to wear him out so he was nice and tired.  It worked.  As soon as he was wearing down for nap time I knew it was time to load up and head home.

We stopped mid way for a snack and a much needed break so I could stretch my legs.


Isaac wasn't very happy when we had to get back in the car.  I think he wanted more time to stretch his little legs too!  But Friday traffic was approaching so we had to get back on the road.

Once we arrived it was so nice to be home!


The new floors really did look wonderful.  Having the carpet removed and the new floors added made a wonderful transformation and you'd never know they weren't original with the house.  However, I wasn't prepared for the mess.  It was supposed to be a dustless system but there was dust everywhere!  Everything in the pantry was going to have to be removed and dusted and anything that was opened had to be tossed.  That certainly wasn't something I anticipated.

As I was walking around I also started to notice some inconsistencies with the stain color around the perimeter of the room.  I'm fairly certain it shouldn't be that way so I'll have to send a message to our contact and find out what the options are along with some of the swirl marks I've spotted.  Overall the transformation is wonderful just need to find out how to solve a few problem areas.

Looks like I have lots of dusting to do over the next few days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment