Pages

May 3, 2013

Painting Progress & Yogurt Time

The painters finished all the bedrooms upstairs and while they moved downstairs I spent a good part of the day putting our room back together.


I love the new gray colors.  Our room finally feels like our room and not just a place we've been staying in.


Once the painters were downstairs it took some creativity to create a barricade for Isaac.  The last thing the painters needed or I wanted were fresh handprints in the walls.  I put the pack-and-play across the doorway from the kitchen to the dining room.  Isaac seemed okay with this since he used his tower as the perfect perch to keep a watchful eye.


Lots of progress was made on the dining room too!  It really is amazing how a coat of colorful paint can transform a room and make the features of the moulding stand out.  So much better than all the old vanilla/beige.  The biggest transformation is yet to come when the main foyer/hallway is painted.  I will not be sad to see the awful rosy beige gone.  It's the most horrible color for this house.  The beige has a red undertone and the afternoon sun makes the entire house look pink!

As progress continued with the painters Isaac and I stepped out for a bit to get out the way again.  Frazer was coming home late since he had a work event this evening so the wee man and I went out for dinner and dessert.


It was a date with my main squeeze for Yogurt at a place down the road called Brain Freeze.  I mixed a few different yogurts together for us to sample and added his favorite cookie topping.  It was the perfect size for sharing....or so I thought.  However, Isaac had other plans.


He was not interested in sharing and wanted this treat all to himself.  I can certainly tell he's my son.  However, I didn't give him that much yogurt to eat by himself either. ;)  It took some convincing but he finally decided it was okay to share some yummies with his mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment