Pages

August 11, 2013

Check-in Time!

We arrived at Emory Midtown hospital shortly before four in the morning and the main entrance was closed so we made our way around to the Emergency Room.  The parking lot was full so Frazer had to drop me off so he could park the car and then meet me in maternity.  As I entered the ER, it was packed, and I was relieved I didn't have to wait.  Instead I shuffled around the corner attempting to make my way to the elevators to head to labor and delivery.  With every step I was gushing fluid and leaving a lovely wet trail behind me.

As I was making my way down the hall and security guard rounded the corner and I can only image the level of my visible distress.  He asked if I was by myself and I explained my husband was trying to find a place to park the car.  He immediately asked if I'd like some assistance which I happily accepted. I stood in the hallway motionless while he went to retrieve a wheelchair and when he returned instead of a wheelchair he had a wet floor caution sign to put out instead.  I guess I really did make a mess!  He disappeared again and returned much quicker this time with a wheelchair.  Relief!  I was wheeled into a  small hallway near the emergency room and then a nurse appeared who then took me straight to labor and delivery.

8/11/13  5:00 am
Once I was checked in I was taken to a triage, room 17.  The good thing about having a false alarm a couple of days ago was the check in process was much quicker since they asked most of the history then and nothing had changed.  And, there was no denying my water had broken this time so we were officially checked in and wouldn't be leaving until this baby is born!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment