Pages

August 12, 2013

It's a Boy!!

At this point I was emotionally overwhelmed as I heard the harmony of voices from the nursing staff proclaim....It's a Boy!  The emotional flood gates opened and the tears started streaming.  My little boy was immediately placed in my arms.  I looked over at Frazer who also had tears of joy streaming down his cheeks.  The only thought at that moment was I did it. After 26 hours of labor my little boy was here and finally in my arms.  It was such a sweet moment and one I'll never forget!

Julian Luke Middleton
August 12, 2013
4:15 am
8 lb 8.7 oz
21"

Holding Julian for the first time.  

Perfection.

As soon as he was out he was immediately placed on my chest and it was so special.  They cleaned Julian up while I held him at the same time I was being stitched up.  This time Frazer was able to cut the cord too!

Papa holding Julian for the first time. 

Papa kisses.

So precious.

It was such a different experience for all of us to be together.  I never imagined there would be such a drastic difference between the c-section with Isaac and the vaginal birth with Julian.  With Isaac, we were immediately separated and Papa went with Isaac and I went to recovery.  It was over an hour before I held him for the first time.  With Julian, our emotions were just as high but we were all together, experiencing the accomplishment of labor together, the joy of Julian together.....it was wonderful.

Our first picture together. 

Proud parents.  :)

Love <3
My baby boy. 

All of Julian's vitals were taken in the room too and I could watch everything.  It was awesome.  Julian wasn't shy of expressing his displeasure either.  That's one healthy set of lungs!

8 lbs 8.7 oz

21"
Once the vitals were taken and I was all stitched up Frazer and Julian had to make a trip to the nursery for some additional screening.  I remained in recovery until a mom and baby room was available for the remainder of our stay.  It was time to rest and take in all the events of the last 26 hours.  So blessed.  So grateful.  So much love.  So much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment