Pages

August 14, 2013

Baby Boy Cuddles

It was party time in our room this morning.  It's the most alert Julian has been since he was born and it just so happens to be at 4:30 in the morning.  Ugh!  Since we were up I called the nurse.  I needed more water and ibprophen.  Since we were awake the nurse used the opportunity take both our vitals.  Then one of the residents came in to talk to me about a booster vaccine for whooping cough.    It makes me wonder if the residents roam the halls in the wee hours of the morning looking for patients who are awake so they have something to do.

The previous night a resident actually came in the room in the middle of the night and woke me up to see if I had chosen a birth control option.  Seriously?  I just had a baby, I have countless stitches, I just stopped taking pain medication, and I've had very little sleep and you want me to tell you my birth control options!?  How about leave me alone until I'm healed....




Anyway...Julian was very restless and the only way he settled down was in my arms.....and in my arms he stayed.....I didn't mind either.  :)  We cuddled until morning.  He slept peacefully and I soaked up his cuddles and got as much rest as I could.  I absolutely love his cuddles and cherish the bonding time.

No comments:

Post a Comment