Pages

August 12, 2013

A Trip to the Nursery for Julian

While I was still hanging out in our labor and delivery room waiting to be transferred after the nurses shift change I received a couple of text messages from Frazer in the nursery.  Since it had been more than 24 hours since my water had broken when Julian was born he had to go to the nursery for a Septic test to assess him for any indications of infection.  And since he was considered above average for his weight given he arrived one day before my due date they wanted to test his blood sugar level.  While they were hanging out Frazer sent me a couple of pictures.

8/12/13 6:50 am 
He's such a handsome boy!

8/12/13 7:01 am
He looks so relaxed just hanging out adjusting to life in the real world.  He seems to be adapting rather well for being three hours old.  :)

While the boys were in the nursery I was finally able to eat!  I don't think I've ever had a turkey sandwich, with fruit and juice that tasted so good in all my life!  I didn't realized just how hungry I was until I was finally able to have some real food.  Then I curled up for a nice little nap until it was time to move rooms.  A little after 8:00 am I was finally transferred to a mom and baby room in Unit 42, room 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment