Pages

June 6, 2014

Crib Safety for Julian

I had a scary moment this morning when I was woken up by Julian's screaming at 5:00 am.  His screaming was startling and very different from his normal cries.  When I got to his room I was so startled when I found him.  Somehow he managed to grab the cord to the baby monitoring camera and pulled the entire unit in the crib.  He had the cord wrapped several times around his neck and from his panicked attempts of trying to remove it he was pulling the cord tighter.  I got the cord off of him and put it on the floor.  I rocked him and loved on him to comfort his cries and get him settled to go back to sleep.

Well, at 9:00 he started screaming with the same level of panic as early.  The outlet for the camera is behind the crib.  I made sure this morning the cord was no one where near his reach.  Well, I suppose I underestimated his ability.  He managed to reach the outlet and pull the cord back into the crib.  The camera was still outside the crib but he had the cord wrapped around his next again.  So, this time I unplugged the unit and put it out of reach.

What a scary moment!  So many horrible outcomes flashed in my head and I just couldn't bare the thought of anything bad happening to this sweet boy.  All I know is that camera won't be going back in the room until a shelf is hung far from his reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment