Pages

June 26, 2014

Isaac's Birthday Eve

Tomorrow a very special boy turns 3!!  It's so hard to believe just 3 short years ago a little bundle of love expanded my heart and changed my world forever.  I'll never forget the rush of being awakened so early in the morning from my water breaking.  It was so surreal.  I was full of joy and excitement that I was finally going to meet my baby.  From the time he was placed in my arms until we left the hospital I simply didn't want to put him down.  The snuggles, cuddles, and kisses made my first experience of motherhood one I'll never forget.  I can still remember sitting in the hospital and taking in his fresh baby scent and enjoying all of his little coo's.  I was in love.


I didn't think motherhood could get any better but it did.  I've loved every minute of watching him grow up and discover the world around him.  Even the entertaining and frustrating moments of his shenanigans.

Isaac is such a loving and sweet natured little boy.  He's still very sensitive to loud and abrupt sounds until they've been thoroughly investigated and understood.  He has a very curious mind that is constantly moving.  Isaac is still more interested in how toys work than playing with them and there is no stopping his level of determination.  If he has something on his mind there is no point in interfering until the itch has been satisfied.


Isaac loves to be outdoors and would spend everyday outside if he could. He's the perfect little helper and truly enjoys to know everything going on around him.  Every chance he gets he's at papa's side helping him with chores around the house.  My favorite is Isaac's enthusiasm when it comes time to mow outside.  Nothing could keep this boy confined inside if papa is mowing outside.  He's also loves to be my shadow in the kitchen and he really is a great helper.  It's incredible to observe him too.  The expressions on his face make it easy to know that his gears are working overtime as he absorbs every little detail.


Most of all I love his smile.  When Isaac is happy he beams and his giggles are priceless.  He really enjoys being tickled and that really gets the giggles going.

Isaac, my love.  You've taught me so much in your short life.  Because of you my priorities have shifted in a drastic way.  Before you were born I was stubborn, independent, headstrong and driven to climb a career ladder at all costs.  Being laid off before you were born was the greatest blessing.  After spending the past three years with you my business life is almost a forgotten memory. I love being your mother.  I cherish all of our times at the park, playing with friends, comforting you in the middle of the night and caring for you when your sick.  I even laugh at your shenanigans I just don't let you see me smiling :)  You are an absolute joy.

As my first born you've adapted very well from having me to yourself to sharing me with your baby brother.  Watching the two of you bond and play together touches me in ways I'll never be able to effectively express.  I know the same will be true once baby sister arrives too.

Happy Birthday little man.  May all your wishes come true!  I love you!!

Papa and I have a special surprise ready for you in the morning.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment