Pages

June 21, 2014

Isaac to ER

I hate it when one of my babies is sick.  It absolutely breaks my heart to see Isaac not feeling well.

This past Thursday while Isaac was with Nana and Grandpa Isaac threw up for the first time after breakfast but the rest of the day he seemed fine and wasn't running a fever.  When he came home yesterday he was running a mild fever of 99.7 under his arm so I gave him a dose of Motrin and this morning he was fine.  Well, this afternoon his cheeks were all flushed after his nap and he was running a fever of 102.  I gave him another dose of Motrin and before bedtime I checked him again and he was fever free.

To our surprise Isaac woke up at 10:00 pm screaming.  He was burning up with a fever of 103 and he had the chills.  He hasn't seen the new pediatrician here yet but his three year check up is July 2 with Dr. Carter.  I called the pediatrician's office but they wouldn't page any of the doctors in the practice since he hasn't been seen.  It didn't matter that they already had a copy of his records either.  It was a frustrating experience especially being in a new area.  With his fever continuing to rise I had no idea what was going on and I didn't want to chance him not being seen by someone so Frazer took him to the emergency room.


He got a full checkup and the end result is Isaac has a virus that will run it's course.  We need to keep giving him the Motrin to help with the fever.  If he continues to run a fever for the next two days we will need to take him back.

As a mother it's a hard balance of tending to the needs of your child and not over reacting but I'm so glad I followed my instincts.  We're blessed to be in a position to have insurance and means to pay medical bills.  With little one's it's just more than I'm willing to chance.  I'd rather have him checked out and get the all clear than have something overlooked.  I hope this little guy is feeling better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment