Pages

June 27, 2014

Birthday Shenanigans

A birthday with Isaac wouldn't be complete without some form of shenanigans.  I asked Isaac if he wanted a birthday shirt this year and he said yes.  So while I was finishing his shirt in the basement Isaac and Julian were playing in the other room.

I had missed call from an unknown number on my phone and I didn't think anything of it.  Then I received another call from a local number and happened to answer the phone in time and it was Frazer.  Apparently the first call was BMW's emergency response center.  Since I didn't answer the phone they called Frazer to notify him the emergency button in our car had been pushed and they wanted to know if everyone was okay.  Frazer had them pull the location of the car and when they stated the car was at home he knew just what had happened.  When Frazer called me I thought Isaac was in the other room playing.

I got up to look for Isaac and he wasn't there.  I checked every room in the house and didn't find Isaac.  I did find him in the garage.  In the front seat of my car "playing" driver.  He had the radio on, the hazards on and Isaac was the one who hit the emergency button in the car.

I had a nice long chat with Isaac about emergencies and when it's appropriate to hit buttons for emergencies.  We also discussed the safety issues of playing in a car by himself let alone a garage.  From now on even though the car will be in the garage it's going to be locked with the keys out of his reach.  I'm so glad he couldn't reach the pedals!  Oh boy.

On the bright side I did manage to finish his birthday shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment