Pages

June 18, 2014

A Mini Vacation for Mama

This morning I took advantage of the boys being away and put my Mother's Day gift certificate to good use.  I started the morning out with pampering at the hair salon for a much needed hair cut and a bit of color.  There's nothing like a bit of pampering while pregnant to pick your spirits up.  It certainly helped to make me feel a little less frumpy as this big ole' belly continues to grow.

Next stop was a quick visit at the outlets on my way down to Atlanta.  I was in desperate need of some new shoes.  Shoe shopping is not something I can get away with while Isaac is with me.  Isaac loves shoes and I can't imagine the amount of destruction he would do in a shoe store in the small amount of time it takes me to try on a couple pairs.  There was no need to even introduce the temptation. :)

Afterwards I had a manicure and pedicure with my friend Michele.  It's always so much fun to be pampered with a friend and catch up at the same time.  Next on my agenda was dinner with Jennifer at my favorite place, La Madeline's in Perimeter.  Then I was off to the Marriott to end my evening at the hotel with an entire room to myself topped of with a bubble bath.

This was just the mini vacation I needed to rest my belly, reconnect with friends and the growing little girl inside.  Most of all was simply the time to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment