Pages

June 7, 2014

Girls Weekend - Lake Lanier

Something in my soul loves water.  The serenity, the calmness and peacefulness instantly puts my entire body at ease.  The ocean has the same effect but when the ocean is too far away I'll take a lake any day.


This is my first time spending a girls weekend with so many wonderful friends.  I'm so blessed to have such amazing women in my life.  This is such a great group of women all brought together by motherhood.  And with the stress and challenges of motherhood a much needed weekend away was just what we all needed.  Some of the girls went to the lake for the day.  However, as much as I would have loved to have spent an entire day basking in the sun, my pasty skin and pregnant body wouldn't be able to handle it.  So, Michele, Olivia and I spent the morning at the outlets.  I don't remember the last time I had such a great time shopping with friends sans kiddos.  And even though the kids weren't with me I still found myself shopping for their upcoming birthdays.  :)  After four hours of shopping it was time to get back to the lake!


Amie, Lisa, Jennifer, Lori, Lucy, Hilary, Leigh, Maura, Marjorie, Kyla,  Kelli
Once the worst of the sun had passed it was time for me to get in the water!!  Floating in the shade, munching on snacks and chatting with friends is the greatest way to spend an afternoon.


We all wanted to spend as much time on the water as possible and after dinner it was time to head back to the doc.

Lori, Kyla

Catherine, Lori, Kyla

Kyla & baby girl belly

There were no pillow fights.  Just a group of friends hanging out together bonding.


An awesome day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment