Pages

June 19, 2014

OB Visit Update

My mini vacation continued today.  While I was in between appointments I was able to catch up with my friend Lucy and then I was off for my belly check up.

One thing is for sure the joys of the first and second trimester have come to an end.  I gained 7 1/2 lbs since my last visit.  Now, considering I haven't gained that much weight the entire pregnancy it's not a big deal but in baby world my doctor doesn't like to see that much weight gain in such a short amount of time.  All I know is I blame Lisa for making such fabulous chocolate chip cookies with brown butter and sea salt on our lake weekend.  I have no idea how many cookies I had but I figured I was eating for two and they were so yummy!

The overall visit went very well.  Baby girl was in a great position, head down.  Most importantly my doctor wasn't concerned at all by the placenta placement as long as it's not covering my cervix.  The best part was getting to see my growing baby girl.  I love seeing her heart beat and knowing she's healthy.

Since my appointment went so well, afterwards I ventured to a shopping center near my old work location.  It was lovely to browse in a variety of stores at a leisurely pace.  I found the perfect pair of athletic shoes, pink ones!  I've never been a fan of anything flamboyant by any means but these were perfect and they felt like I was walking on clouds.  Since my other pair of athletic shoes were worn out with holes it was a good investment for my achy pregnant feet.  And....I figured the pink was a nice addition.  After all, having a little girl on the way means its time to get ready for all things girly.

No comments:

Post a Comment