Pages

June 8, 2014

Car Fiasco - Dinner at Lori's

It was time to pack up and head back from the lake when the least expected event occurred.  Part of the checkout process was to take the trash to a nearby trash site.  Most everyone had their cars loaded but since I drove separately I figured I would put the top down on the car and the rest of the trash bags would fit in the back.  I was also parked at the back of the drive so it was easiest for me to leave first anyway.  I went outside to put the top down on the car and the car wouldn't start!  I tried everything with no luck.

I started calling Frazer for help while the girls called the manager of the lake house for assistance.  While jumper cables were on their way Frazer started working on a backup plan.  When the jumper cables arrived, despite our best efforts to get the car to start, it didn't work.  Since I pretty much had everyone blocked in we all worked together to help each other back around my car and out the long curved driveway so everyone else could get on the road to home.

Frazer finally got a tow truck scheduled for the car but it was going to be a couple of hours before it could get there.  While he was packing and loading up the boys for this unscheduled adventure I road back to Alpharetta with Maura and Lori.  I went to Lori's to wait on Frazer.  Then Frazer dropped the boys off at Lori's and drove back to Lake Lanier to meet the tow truck.

The bright side was having extended time with friends and then the boys had a fun time playing too.


Isaac and Norah spent the afternoon playing in the pool.


And when you're not prepared for pool time and don't have a swimsuit you just wear shorts.  Isaac didn't mind. :)


When your shorts get too soggy and start falling down you just drop a layer and keep playing. :)



Once Frazer got the tow truck and car situated he drove back to Alpharetta to get the boys and I before heading home.  Lori was gracious enough to host us for dinner too.  It was an eventful day.  Not the ending I expected for the weekend but another adventure for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment