Pages

April 29, 2014

Stormy Night

The weather has started to get crazy again and we were under a tornado watch until 8 pm last night. For some reason Frazer always seems to be traveling during severe weather but I did my best to make sure we were prepared.  It's one thing to wait out a storm which I've done countless times but adding two little one's to the picture leaves me walking through scenarios to make sure I've got everything covered.  Those mama bear instincts are real and know when to kick in.

Given the nature of the weather I also knew I would have a bed buddy.  Isaac doesn't like storms and I can't blame him, especially last nights.  The wind was fierce.  The whistling and howling wind kept me up and the lightening was unreal.  We snuggled and watched movies until someone fell asleep.



This morning I didn't realize I had the news on in the background when Isaac looked up and saw the storm coverage.  Tornado's hit Arkansas along with some local damage that was more minor but Isaac's response was so raw.  He looked at me and then the television and said "It's all broken, it needs fixed".   He's so aware of everything at his young age.  I wish I could keep him sheltered.  I know I can't.  Instead I just soak up the cuddles and provide as much comfort as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment