Pages

April 23, 2014

Snuggles and Reflection

There are some moments that seem so surreal as the reality of my pregnancy soaks in a bit further.  Today was one of those moments while I was cuddling with Julian during his nap.


This sweet little boy is still a baby while little sister grows inside.  I've been feeling peanut kick and the little movements makes my heart swell with emotion.  I've been blessed, truly blessed to be a mother to two healthy boys and now another life is growing.  I never imagined I'd be this lucky to have such an awesome little family.

Pregnancy is in full swing and I have my moments of not feeling well.  My tummy has been a bit icky lately and I'm not resting as well considering the number of times I have to get up in the night to go potty.  Even with the queasiness it's been mild and this seems to be the easiest pregnancy so far.  However that didn't stop me from having a moment of panic today when I felt peanut kicking fairly high up on my tummy.  I had a brief flash of having twins and my mind raced away with what life would look like having two boys and twins so close together.  It was too much to process and I had to laugh.  And even though the ultrasound revealed one little peanut I said a prayer to be blessed with the ability to handle the given outcome. :)


Every time I look at this sweet face I'm in disbelief by how much he has changed and grown.  I always catch myself in deep thoughts when I watch my boys sleeping.  It's a chance to see them still, to really see the child they are growing into.  I've spent a great deal of time deep in thought in my life wondering what I want to be when I grow up, what will I accomplish with my life, what great impact will I have or what will my legacy be.  Sometimes it seems so easy to get carried away and raise the bar so high it seems impossible to achieve.  But looking at my sweet boys, even with all the challenges of raising them and the moments of frustration, that life has provided me with a very simple response to something I've searched so long for.  These precious gifts of life are my greatest accomplishment.  They are my legacy and I'm so grateful to be their mother to mold, nurture and guide them to their own path in life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment