Pages

April 4, 2013

An Electric Day

When I went to get Isaac this morning he already had a jump start on our morning routine.  I so wish I had a camera with me this morning to capture his preciousness when I walked in.  I found him with his pajamas unzipped and half off around his waist.  He was grinning from ear to ear and so proud of his accomplishment.  If he could utter the words I know he would be saying "I'm a big boy, mama!".  More and more he's starting to help me when getting dressed and undressed.  His mind is just a sponge to learn more and spread his wings of independence.  And I love helping him grow too!

Once he was dressed the electricians arrived and started their work today.  Isaac was fascinated by all their tools too.


He loved all their tools.  One of the electricians let Isaac play with a little headlamp band.  Isaac thought it was great fun pushing the button to turn the light on and off.


To keep Isaac busy and out of the way I pulled Isaac's workbench out and helped him investigate how to use his own tools.


We played with all the nuts and bolts and I helped Isaac learn how to use his own screwdriver to turn the bolts on his own.  We had a great time putting pieces in the little vice so he could play, saw and hammer.  I never knew playing with a toy workbench could be so fun. :)


As the day progressed the electrical work finally came to a close.  It was so nice to finally have an overhead light fixture in the front room.  We had it wired for a ceiling fan too in case we decide to change it out at some point.  It's just so nice to use the office at night now and have light!


Frazer was happy to have the conduit ran from the attic to the basement so he can run the ethernet cables that's on his project list.  The outdoor flood lights were wired too but they won't be finished until next Tuesday when it isn't storming outside.  I know I wouldn't want to be on a 40' ladder in rain and wind.  We only had one major hiccup in the day and that was the discovery of 3 busted breakers in our electrical panel.


Nothing like finding the unexpected but given the exposed hazard we had to get it fixed.  Otherwise it was a successful day and another project off the list.

Afterwards we ran a bunch of errands and then the boys had a quiet evening to themselves while mama joined some friends for a birthday dinner.


While I was out Frazer sent me the cutest text.  Isaac had climbed up in the rocking chair and was going to read his own bed time story.  Love my growing baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment