Pages

November 4, 2013

Good Byes, Potty Time & Snuggles

This morning we said good-by to Grandma and Grandpa Middleton.  Isaac shared one last bowl of cereal with Isaac.


We were all very sad their visit had come to an end.  Isaac has officially labeled the guest room Grandma and Grandpa's room.  When they left Isaac kept asking for Grandpa and didn't initially understand that they wouldn't be coming back today.  He's really enjoyed having them around and following both of them every where they go.  But I did my best to explain they were getting on an airplane and flying all the way home back to England.  At random moments while he was playing he would stop and look at me and I could see the wheels turning and a deep level of concentration as he would say "Grandpa going home".  Yes, Grandpa went to his home.  "Grandma going home".  Yes, Grandma is going to her home.  Then I would tell him again.  He's just so sweet and endearing as he tries to learn all of the intricacies of the world around him.

This afternoon Julian and I cuddled up while Isaac was napping and I couldn't help but capture a sweet moment of him all snuggled up with me.  There is nothing better than cuddling a sweet little baby.  Julian is growing so fast I want to put the breaks on and slow things down a bit.  I'm trying to cherish as many snuggles as I can before he starts crawling away.



This afternoon Isaac followed me into the bathroom like any other time.  He's had a potty seat in the bathroom now for several months and sometimes he takes an interest and sometimes he doesn't.  I don't push the issue and have followed his lead.  Today though he decided he wanted to sit on the potty and take his diaper off unprompted.  He sat there for awhile and looked like he was interested and trying.  So, I pulled the potty into the family room just to see what would happen.


He sat down and went potty!  I was so excited and so proud of him for trying.  I think this was a right of passage for both of us.  I never imagined that I would ever become so full of joy and pride to see my growing toddler go to the potty.

I left his diaper off of him for awhile and he wanted to sit there and watch cartoons.  The funniest part was when a song came on that he loves to dance too.  It was such a great moment to watch a little person with no inhibitions just stop what he was doing, stand up and start dancing, naked but and all. It was the cutest and most precious moment.

It looks like potty training is in our near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment