Pages

November 19, 2013

Potty Training: Day 2

Isaac really struggled with bed time last night.  He woke up at 2:00 am and he was so distraught.  He was wet and all of his bedding was wet.  Even after I got him all cleaned up he wouldn't go back to bed.  I was following a 3-day training method that's strongly opposed to using pull-ups when training but I put a pull-up on over his big boy pants.  He calmed down and went back to bed.

He was wet when he woke up this morning but completely expected after only one day of training.  However the pull-up kept his bedding dry.


Isaac loved all the stickers going on his chart after each time he went to the potty.  Today, he went poo-poo on the potty too and he got to pick out his first car!


By the afternoon he had only had three accidents but nothing on the carpet so that was a great sign of progress!


We spent lots of time playing again today and I kept a watchful eye to make sure we made it to the potty on time.   I brought up an old coffee table for him to use as a table and he loved it!


I do think I may have to come up with a different incentive for telling me when he has to go potty.  Lollipops take him a bit of time to eat and he gets tired of them.  Hmmm.  I'm sure I'll come up with something.


He's getting really good at running to the potty when he needs to go!  He's doing such a great job.  I'm super proud of him for trying.  He's certainly growing up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment