Pages

November 12, 2013

Julian's 3 Month's Old!

Julian - You are such a blessing.  From the moment you were first placed into my arms I've been in awe of you.  I feel so grateful to be your mama and watching you grow is a joy that's simply indescribable.  You are a wonderful baby, so happy and laid back.  I love your coo's and sweet sounds.  And your smile is incredible.  I love kissing your cheeks and watching your smile take over and widen.


Julian is continuing to grow and flourish.  However, my heart breaks during feedings when his reflux flairs up.  It is so hard to see him struggle and spit up so much of formula.  Every 3-4 days he'll have a colicky episode that causes him to cry for 1-3 hours at a time.  It's awful to hear him cry in discomfort and nothing I try seems to work so I just hold him and rock him.  Sometimes we sing, sometimes we dance and sometimes we rock until the discomfort passes.  I continue to be reassured by the doctor that this too shall pass.


I'm amazed at the changes Julian has made in three short months.  The head full of luscious dark hair has faded and the new fuzzy growth is coming in.  With the reflux, we pretty much cycle through all of his clothes every couple of days so he's mostly wearing one piece pajamas that are easy to get on and off.  He's growing so much and his feet are so big they're snug in several of the six month sized pajamas that I'm already buying nine month sized clothes for him.

He loves to have something in hands he can grab onto so he's really starting to bond with his puppy.  Julian also really loves to be nuzzled up when he sleeps.  He wants something soft touching his face before he can fall asleep. Jules loves his binky too but when ever it falls out he doesn't hesitate to try his fingers.  He hasn't decided between his fingers or thumb but he continues to try for the thumb so we'll just have to see.

I love how the pictures below capture his growing changes over the past month.  I sure do love this little boy!

10/13/13
10/21/13
10/21/13
10/25/13
10/27/13
10/28/13
10/29/13
10/30/13
10/31/13
11/1/13
11/2/13
11/5/13
11/6/13
11/6/13 
11/8/13 
11/9/13
11/10/13
11/11/13

No comments:

Post a Comment