Pages

September 28, 2012

Sensory Overload

After a morning at the pediatrician and lots of shots that were less than pleasant I thought it was necessary to have an afternoon of fun!


We started out with an attempt at coloring but he had more fun dumping out the crayons and picking them all up.


Then I made Isaac a "toy" car out of the surplus of left over moving boxes.  I used a paper bowl and cabinet knob for the steering wheel, paper plates for the wheels and plastic cups for the headlights.


Talk about an instant success!  He loves it.  He loves opening and closing the door and playing peek-a-boo through the window of the door.  I never thought he would have so much fun with a toy made from a box.  We still have lots of boxes left over so I'll have to get creative and come up with a few more ideas to make him some other "toys".

Next it was time for some sensory play.  I picked up some a cheap bag of rice and a cheap bag of beans from the dollar store and mixed them all together in a plastic container and let Isaac have a go at it.  It was another hit!


There is nothing sweeter to me than the sound of Isaac's laughter.  I love the pure expression of his joy over something so simple.  His laughter always melts my heart and fills me up.  I have the greatest job ever of being his mama and making him laugh. :)

Once the fun had concluded it was time for clean up.  I think I under estimated the traveling distance and speed of individual grains of rice.  Rice had spread from one end of the kitchen all the way to the far end of the living room on the mantel of the fire place.  Not only that but Isaac managed to get rice on the bottom of his feet, he had it stuck to his clothes and in his hair!  Oh it was all worth it.  

The fun continued when papa got home from work.  We had to run to the store and afterwards Isaac got a ride on papa's shoulders which is another guaranteed hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment