Pages

September 6, 2012

Beach Week - Isaac and the Ocean

Oh how I love waking up to ocean sounds!  The morning started out a bit overcast and rainy again but by the time Isaac was up from his morning nap it was sunny and time to head to the beach again.

We made our way down to the beach and found an abandoned shovel for Isaac.  He was much better on the sand today and once I demonstrated how to play with the shovel he seemed to be pleased.


I think he enjoyed the open space most of all.  He would stand up and start walking around like he was on a mission.   So many new things to investigate and explore. 

With some some coaxing I finally got Isaac to warm up to splashing in the water.....


I picked him up and walked into the water about up to my knees and he was fine as long as I was holding him but as soon as I attempted to put him down he instantly tucked his legs up.  Then he would toss his sand shovel into the water.  He was keeping Grandma and I very busy.

While Grandma was keeping Isaac entertained I was able to capture Isaac's true feelings of his second day at the beach and his experience with the ocean.....



Isaac kept looking at the water and then literally headed to dry land.  The water was just a bit much for him when he was trying to walk.  He's only been walking a couple of months so I can only image the challenge he was having balancing with shifting sand beneath his little feet.

Isaac was much better today but I didn't hesitate to follow his lead when he had enough.  As much as Frazer and I love the beach I didn't want to push him too much.  I love the pool too so I had no problem packing up and rinsing the sand off for some pool time.

After a dip in the pool it was nap time and boy did he sleep!  We'll have more fun tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment