Pages

September 7, 2012

Beach Week - Last Day for Ocean Fun

This beach stuff is wearing Isaac out. :-)

Isaac woke up a little before 7:00 am and and he was back down for his first nap around 8:30 am.  He usually naps an hour or two.  Today, he nearly slept for 4 hours!  Since this was my first experience being at the beach with Isaac it was a bit of a challenge for me to be at the beach with a napping little guy and not be able to go down to the beach.  I love that he was resting so well so I took advantage of the balcony and enjoyed the fresh air, the aroma of the sea and sounds of waves.  Since I've all but given up on reading books since Isaac was born the next time I'll remember to come to the beach with a good book to read during nap times!

Once he woke up and had some lunch we were ready to venture back down to the beach especially since it was our last day!  Each day Isaac has been at the beach he's been better and better and getting used the environment.  He was much better about walking on the sand down to the ocean and we spent a lot more time in the water today.




I love the video of Isaac with Grandma playing in the ocean.   He had so much fun splashing and I love   when he takes such quick breaths in anticipation of water hitting his face.  It's just precious!


After the last big splash in his face he was about finished.  So a little more playtime in the sand then it was back to the pool.  He was a bit fussy in the pool but I discovered a great distraction....singing!  We sang Twinkle, Twinkle and It's Bitsy Spider and even our ABCs.  When I stopped singing he started fussing.  When I started singing he relaxed and played in the water.  He certainly has me wrapped around his little finger. :)

Since snacks are always better by the pool we had some snacks before heading in for our afternoon nap.


It was a great day at the beach and we both enjoyed having fun while soaking up some sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment