Pages

February 9, 2012

Hanging in my Crib

After diaper changes we usually put Isaac in his crib to give him a safe place to hang out while we clean up.  Today was no different.  I placed Isaac in his crib so he could play for a few minutes while I threw out the old diaper and washed my hands.  When I returned.....to my surprise....
Isaac was standing up.


I love watching him grow and achieve new milestones.  This one though is with mixed emotions.  He's pulling himself up and I know the days are numbered before he'll start walking.....  I will always be his biggest champion encouraging him to be independent.  I just can't believe how quickly he's growing.  Every now and then when I go to pick him up he'll be laying in my arms and he'll start grabbing my shoulder to pull himself up.  It's as if he's saying, mama, I'm not a baby any more.... So, I've made a game out of this and I start rocking him back and forth and saying "rock the baby".  He grins from ear to ear and enjoys it for a couple quick...very quick seconds and then he wants to sit up and be held like a big boy.  Love you little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment