Pages

January 27, 2012

7 Months Old!


This has certainly been a very busy month for Isaac!  The progress he made from the beginning to the end of the month is amazing, at least to me.  Just four short weeks ago he started sitting up on his own and he could balance for a few moments before toppling over.  He also started rocking and rolling.  Isaac spent a lot of time rolling over from back to belly and belly to back.  Tummy time was a lot less stressful when he started reaching and grasping items.  We have a small cabinet in the office and he's been fascinated by the cabinet pull.  Initially he would play with the pull and bang it against the cabinet door.  That was fairly entertaining until he pulled on it and to his amazement it opened, then he discovered paper stored inside for him to pull out and chew on!  During these early weeks he also started pulling his knees under him and spent time on his hands and knees improving his balance by rocking back and forth.  As he developed each individual skill I knew it wouldn't be long before he started piecing the skills together to increase his mobility!


After the holidays the addition of his walker also improved his strength, increased his mobility, and his confidence to explore his surroundings more. The improvement in his strength over the past month has been incredible.  When I laid him back on the bobby pillow he started pulling himself up on his own to a seated position.  Now he can sit on the floor or even in a high chair.  Since we've upgraded the car seat and no longer use the carrier he's fully sitting up in grocery carts and high chairs if we eat out at a restaurant.  He's still developing and after sitting up for a period of time he does get tired and either wants to lay down or be held.

Isaac loves to climb on me, Frazer and anyone else that will let him.  He's also started arching his back and does mini back bends.  When he's on his hands and knees he balances enough to lift up on his toes and he does plank type push ups.  It's funny to essentially watch a 6 1/2 month old doing yoga!  We have lots of fun playing on the floor and take full advantage of play time.  When he arches his back I'll pick him up and support him in backwards somersaults and he loves it!  I can certainly teach him all the gymnastics bends and flips he desires!  We spin around, leap in the air and help him jump around.  We have lots of fun. :)

He's chewing on everything still and in just four short weeks he now has two bottom teeth that are through the gum line.  Up to this point I've let him chew on my hand or my fingers but now I have to be much more careful.  When he clamps down now it hurts!  He's also still very interested in my hair and loves to get a hand full and pull when he can.  He's very vocal, loves to babble, and grunt.  I'm equally amazed at how much he's growing.  I bought him 4 one piece rompers a couple of weeks before Christmas that were 9 month sizes.  Just last week I had to buy him new clothes, again. For pants, he's in 9 month, but a slim fit is best otherwise they're a bit too big in the waist.  In onesies, he's in 12 months but not for long due to his length.  He has a couple pair of pajamas that are 9 month but they won't fit for long.  In one piece rompers he's in 12 months and I bought him a couple of 12 month 2-piece pajama sets thinking I would be ahead of the game and have these on hand when he grows into them but, no, they fit!

It's been a great month with my little man. I love spending everyday with him and watching him grow and explore.  I absolutely can't imagine my life with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment