Pages

January 20, 2012

Isaac's Army Crawl

For awhile now Isaac has managed to get up on his hands and knees, he pauses, and then rocks back and forth.  Unsure of what he should do next he slides back down to his belly and wiggles around as if he's swimming on land.  Tonight was different.  I could almost see the concentration and determination in his eyes as he was playing.  He was tired of being stuck in one spot.  He had places to go.  If only he could figure out how.

Isaac Attempts to Crawl - Take 1


Isaac Attempts to Crawl - Take 3


Isaac:  Oh bother.  My toy got away from me.  Why won't it come back?  How can I get it back?  Now what?  Well, laying here isn't helping.  Maybe if I get on my knees?  Nope, that didn't work.......

Isaac Attempts to Crawl - Take 5


Isaac:  Okay, I'm back on my knees.  Whew, I need a break.  That's hard work.  I need to think about this.....  Maybe if I use my hands?  Oh, that's working.  Tag!  You're it mommy!

Isaac Attempts to Crawl - Take 8


Isaac:  Okay, let me think about this again.  I get on my knees, balance and then move my hands??  Hmmm, my toy moved.  Do I go for the toy or mommy?  Maybe I should lay down.  Wonder if I use my hands while I'm laying down.  Maybe if I wiggle a bit and use my hands, wonder if that will work??  Yep, that works.  I'll try that again....

I had so much fun watching Isaac.  He was working so hard to figure out how to wiggle around, balance, and move around the room.  I'm so proud of him!  All I know is look out world, he's putting all the pieces together and he'll be crawling in no time! Our world will never be the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment