Pages

November 19, 2012

Planes, Buses, and Cars....


We survived the flight to Manchester and all the planning paid off.  I had packed plenty of snacks and diapers.  All of which came in handy.  Isaac slept for about 4 hours and Frazer and I got a couple hours of sleep.  We were on an older plane and in the bulkhead row so the television/movie screen was right in front of us and I think the glow kept Isaac up a lot longer than I would have preferred.

Once we arrived at the airport, we stopped so I could change Isaac and get him dressed.  I changed out of my comfy clothes too and this actually worked to our advantage.  By the time we were freshened up the line for passports was empty and all of our bags had arrived in the baggage area so we had very little waiting.  Next up was waiting for the bus to car rental.

Burr rabbit it's cold!  While standing outside the wind whipped around and boy did have a bite.  I had Isaac bundled in his monster hat.  We only waited on the bus for five minutes but I was so glad I packed a warm coat.  Once the bus arrived Isaac was full of excitement.  He didn't have to sit in a car seat! He had so much fun looking around, sitting on my lap, standing on my lap, sitting in the seat beside me....I had a good grip on him but I knew better than to expect him to sit still given he'd been strapped in a car seat for the last 10 hours!

The adventure continued once we were at the car rental place.  Frazer waited in line patiently and once everything was processed he walked outside to the car only to return. They had given him a 2-door tiny something that wouldn't accommodate the carseat.  So, he waited a bit longer while they continued to search for a 4-door something.  This delay worked in our favor since he got upgraded as a result of the original reservation being wrong. Frazer didn't mind driving a Mercedes....I have to say I didn't mind riding in one either.

Once we were loaded up it was time to hit the road for the two plus hour drive to Grandma and Grandpa Middleton's.  Isaac slept most of the way until we stopped for a break and some breakfast.  Then it was back on the road and I couldn't resist a quick nap myself for the rest of the ride.  Then we were there.....


This was not the average Over the river and through the woods to get to the grandparents house.  That was a long trip....especially for a little guy....but he was a trooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment