Pages

November 14, 2012

Christmas Tree Training

Frazer's travel has certainly picked up and he'll be traveling from now until almost the week before Christmas.  When I mentioned to Frazer that I wanted to put the tree up early he thought I was crazy.  My rationale....(1) Frazer was going to be traveling for the next several weeks and wouldn't be here anyway...(2) Traditionally we would put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving but since we leave for England on 11/18 and are essentially skipping Thanksgiving this year....why not put it up early?

So, that's what I did.  While Isaac was sleeping last night I put up the tree.  First I had it in the foyer.  I put all the lights on and the garland....stood back to take it all in.... and realized it looked a bit small.  This morning when Isaac came downstairs he didn't even notice the tree.  Then while he was napping I moved it into the family room.  It still looks a bit small.  It was perfect for our apartment but I think we might be getting a new tree for next year.

Anyway, when Isaac woke up and came back down he certainly noticed the tree this time! He immediately walked right over and gazed at all the sparkling lights.  He only reached to touch a couple of ornaments but after telling him "no touch" he left everything alone.  However, one of the ornaments caught his attention and he couldn't resist the temptation.  When I wasn't looking he taken one of the small angel ornaments.

I'm sure from his perspective he's thinking I put this tree that's at his level with shinny lights and little objects that fit perfectly in his hands but he's not supposed to touch them??  Last year he was too small to really understand the process of trees inside let alone reach any ornaments.  I guess were tree training this year!  After a brief explanation he helped me put the ornament back on the tree.

Isaac still getting some wear out of his Halloween pajama's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment