Pages

November 25, 2012

Yorkshire Pudding

I've heard Frazer talk forever about Yorkshire Pudding.  I have to be honest that I never really asked too many questions but just always assumed "pudding" meant something sweet.  Well, I love sweets so of course it was something I wanted to try.

On this trip Frazer mentioned he really wanted us to have a Yorkshire Pudding before we left and we should go for lunch or dinner.  He had a very particular place in mind too.  We had to go to the Half Moon pub.  Apparently they're know for their Yorkshire Pudding's.   When looking at the menu they're were few options and then it was explained to me this isn't a pudding as in something sweet.  There was a "beef" option, "mince", and something else.    Even the waitress knew I was struggling to understand the concept of this dish so she brought one out.  Oh my!  It was so far from any image I could conjure in my mind.  What was initially presented was the largest portion I'd ever seen.  That quickly help narrow my selection to the half order.  Then I decided on the beef option.  Knowing how large the portions were Frazer and I decided not to order anything for Isaac since there would be plenty to share.

To my amazement the dish that arrived was splendid!


I immediately dug in then stopped myself to snap a photo.  I knew I would never be able to accurately describe the unique dish.  It was fabulous.  No exaggerations either.   This dish had Isaac's stamp of approval as well.  I've never seen Isaac eat so much so quickly.  I couldn't cut up pieces of roast beef with gravy quick enough to keep up with his demand.  He ate the beef, the carrots, some of the potatoes and even the cauliflower.  The dish came with brussels sprouts too.  This is a vegetable Frazer and I completely agree on that it will never be served in our home.  We both have a strong opposition to the little vegetable despite its nutritional value.  Well, I didn't want my unfavorable experience with this vegetable to cloud Isaac's experience so I sliced one up for him to try.  He picked it up and shoveled it in his little mouth.  His face puckered almost instantaneously as his tongue unrolled to eject this half chewed piece of veggie.  Perhaps we could say he came by this honestly but Isaac is on the same side of no brussels sprouts!  It was too funny to witness.

Anyway, I'm so glad we ventured out to the Half Moon pup for a Yorkshire Pudding.  It's something we'll definitely have to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment