Pages

August 11, 2012

Big Boy Shopper

We tried something new today during our trip to Lowes.  Isaac had just woken up from a nap in the car and wasn't interested in sitting in the shopping cart.  Since he's walking really well I thought I would see how well he would do in the store so we gave it a try.


Isaac did an excellent job holding my hand as he walked through the aisles.  He loved being able to view the items at his level.  Big boxes would get a nice pounding of his approval as if he was saying, yep, it's sound and sturdy, let's keep moving.  He loved the aisle full of light switches.  It was if this aisle was created just for his enjoyment.  I can only imagine his thoughts. Finally, I can touch the electrical outlets and play with the light switches.  These don't have any covers I have to figure out how to remove.  

I did have to finally pick him up in the outlet/light switch aisle or we would have never left.  He was less than happy about it but he was quickly distracted in the next aisle.  A few times he did attempt to exert his independence and would jerk his hand away in protest and sit in the floor.  Apparently he wasn't finished looking at a particular item and didn't want to move on.  We only had a couple of those and considering this was our first time I was very pleased.  

No comments:

Post a Comment