Pages

August 17, 2012

A Sick Little Boy

I've learned from experience that it's great to have plans but make sure they're flexible.  Sure enough, I had our calendar loaded with fun activities but those were unpleasantly interrupted by a sick little boy.  Isaac woke up with a fever that kept rising.  He was so cranky and I couldn't blame him considering how congested he was and his little sniffly nose.  So, we skipped the planned playdates until little guy starts feeling better.

When Isaac woke up from his nap he was roasting! Even with a little Tylenol his fever had climbed to 101.4 so I called the pediatrician for an appointment and took him to be safe.  He was screaming in misery and it was about to break my heart since I knew there was little I could do to ease his discomfort.  And while I knew there was probably little the pediatrician could do it would at least ease my anxieties. They checked for strep but he was clear.  So, Tylenol, fluids and lots of love were in order for the next several days.


I must say there is something so wrong about having to break out the humidifier in the middle of August.  I slept on the floor of Isaac's room to make sure he could breathe and didn't get too congested.  Let's just say it was a really long night for both of us! I finally located the right thickness of pillow to place under his mattress to keep him slightly elevated which seemed to help a lot.  There's nothing worse than being unable to make him feel better. :(



Lots of love and cuddles for this little guy!  I hope this passes quickly....

No comments:

Post a Comment