Pages

February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day


We had a big day planned and I wanted to start the day off with a bit of fun for Isaac.  When he woke up, I got him dressed and let him open his door to find a heart path to the top of the stairs.  I wish I had a camera on me when he saw the first heart. His face lit up and he knelt down, picked the first heart up and flipped it over.  There was nothing there.  Apparently he was expecting something.  So, he did the same with the next one. I've made a mental note for next year to include smily faces or little notes of some sort.  :)


Since Isaac loves balloons when he followed his heart path to the top of the stairs he instantly notice the balloons at the bottom of the stairs.  It was so worth it for his giggles.


I made heart shaped blueberry pancakes for his breakfast and extras for the play group.  Along with an assortment of festive treats and snacks for the kiddos and of course coffee and tea for the mama's.


I wanted to make a small valentine for the kids as well and found several ideas but settled on bubbles, Isaac's favorite.  I attached a small note on each one "Blowing Valentine Kisses Your Way...Happy Valentine's Day".


We hosted a craft activity before but this was the fist time actually hosting for play time.  I wasn't sure how Isaac would handle sharing his own toys.  But he did very well.


The mom's got a chance to visit while the kiddo's got a chance to play. :)


And...the aftermath wasn't as bad as I anticipated.


Overall I was very pleased.  Isaac had a great time followed by a nice long nap and I had every thing cleaned up and put away in less than 20 minutes.

To top off the day I received the sweetest message from Frazer since he was traveling again.  Last year he was in Australia and this year he was in Florida.

"We've been married for almost two years now, and i'm sooo proud of you.   You're a wonderful wife and a great mother.  Isaac is such a lucy boy, and poppet will be so lucky to have you as a mother.  I love you so much, and I'm sorry that we haven't had a valentine's day together yet.  But you need to know that I'm thinking about you all today, and I love you so much."

All I know is I'm one lucky gal and I'm surrounded by love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment