Pages

February 15, 2013

Playtime at the Park

We took advantage of the sunny day and spent some time this afternoon at the park.  Isaac had a ball playing on the slides and running around.  I sat at the top of the steps and helped him sit down before going down the slide.  He went down the slide, climbed the steps and then down again countless times.  He filled the air with his laughter which is a sound I'll never get enough of.  :)






When the sun started to go down a chill quickly set in.  Isaac's hands felt like ice cubes and his cheeks were a nice rosy red but he did not want to leave!  Eventually I had to pick him up and we headed towards the car with him kicking, screaming and lurching out of my arms.  We parked on the far side of the park and it's a decent walk with a cooperative toddler let alone one who's protesting.  So we stopped and I thought perhaps if I pulled out puppy and binky that would appease his attitude.  Nope.   He went into a full meltdown and threw himself on the ground and wouldn't get up!


I had to pick him up and carry him the entire way to the car.  His message was heard loud and clear by everyone around that he was not ready or interested in leaving the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment