Pages

February 4, 2013

Isaac's New "Toy"

Tonight after dinner Isaac walked over towards the backdoor and picked up one of my shoes and brought it to me.  This was nothing out of the ordinary since he loves to play with shoes.  However he was insistent about putting the shoe on my foot.  Then he walked over and got my other shoe, brought it back to me and wanted it on my other foot.  So I entertained his gesture and helped him put my shoes on.  Once they were on he went straight for the back door.  I asked Isaac where we were going and he was very persistent he wanted to open the door to the garage.  In his mind he wanted to go somewhere.

I played along and followed his lead to find out that he wanted to "play" in papa's car.  He is obsessed with the new car.  I looked at Frazer and we both giggled.  How could we not be amused?  I figured there was no harm in letting him investigate so Frazer put the top down and I loaded Isaac inside.


This was a little boy in car heaven.  Instantly he took to investigating all of the knobs and buttons and the next thing we knew the radio was playing.  Even Frazer didn't know the radio could be turned on without the key.  Isaac thought this was perfect and started dancing in the front seat.


He climbed from seat to seat, from front to back, and back to front.  The steering wheel however is by far his favorite spot.  After 30 minutes or so of playing around it was time to get ready for bed.  Let's just say that didn't go over very well.  I've never seen Isaac go from happy and laid back to red in the face, screaming mad so quickly.


Isaac went into a full blown melt down when it was time to go inside.  It took everything I had to stay clam and firm with him that it was bedtime and to hide my urge to giggle.  In the scheme of life it really is a silly thing to get so worked up over but in his little world we had burst his bubble.  No one likes to have their bubble popped, even mama but it really was funny and cute at the same time.  Once we were upstairs he calmed down and I'm sure that night he had dreams all things car related.

No comments:

Post a Comment