Pages

February 25, 2013

Sick Boy

No one likes to be sick and not feel well and Isaac is no exception.  He had a rough week to say the least.  What started out as simple congestion on 2/18 led to a runny nose.  His mood started changing and I could tell his energy was fading and then whimpering started.  The congestion didn't go away and the poor thing couldn't breathe very well especially for naps and bed time.  One minute he wanted to be held, then he wanted down for a few minutes then he wanted to be held again.  Isaac just couldn't decide what he wanted.



He had a day where he refused to nap.  Despite several attempts he went on a full blown nap strike which was not good.  He was sick, cranky and over tired but more than anything he was restless and couldn't get comfortable.  On 2/21 the stinker was up all night but awake the next morning at 8:00 am.  Only he woke with a fever.  I went on a Tylenol run and picked up some Pedialyte popsicles too.


I hate it when he doesn't feel well but I have to admit I loved all the cuddles.  At one point I thought his fever had broke and we were over the worst of it it.  He did okay with the popsicles and had a burst of energy.


He certainly didn't pass on enjoying his favorite snack of grapes or dumping them all over the floor.  He's still working on the walking and balancing a bowl full of snacks.  While I prefer all snacks to stay in the kitchen he tends to sneak away on me. :)


The night of 2/22 he was miserable, couldn't sleep and his fever kept creeping up all night.  He was so miserable I slept on the floor of his room so I could stay close.  I tried everything to comfort him.  Around 6 am papa got up to give it a try.  At that point we all caught a couple of hours of solid sleep.  But Isaac's fever hadn't dropped so I called the pediatrician's office as soon as they open and we took the first available appointment.  He was tested for strep and the flu and both were negative.  We were told a bug was going around but if he wasn't better on Monday to bring him back in.


On Monday 2/25 he was finally sleeping through the night although his mood wasn't reflective of someone who was well rested.  :(


Some rest and TLC was still in order to get this little guy back to full health.  By the end of the day he finally made the turn and my little man's smiles had returned.



It was a long week but he pulled through.  He was ready to play again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment