Pages

December 11, 2012

Christmas Cookie Helper

I love baking and look forward to the holiday baking season each year.  I was a bit worried I wasn't going to be able to bake anything this year since I've felt so awful lately and getting over the bronchitis. Today, was a new day and it was time to break out the mixer and get the sugar started.  I was super excited to have a helper too!


Isaac is usually at my feet while I'm in the kitchen and as he gets taller I see him straining to see what's going on.  I have such great memories of baking with my grandma that I want to make sure Isaac has every opportunity to be in the kitchen and be involved with the process.  He was most interested in what was taking place.  He carefully watched as I measured out and prepared each ingredient.  I picked him to watch the mixer as it whirled everything together.


Of course the best part is always tasting the batter to make sure it's just right!  Isaac had his first go at licking the beaters and he approved.  :)


It was a long day of baking but 12 dozen Italian Christmas cookies later and they were finished.  I always forget how tedious these are to make but they're so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment