Pages

December 14, 2012

Nutcracker Painting

We had a fun outing with the mom's group this morning to a local art gallery that had a fun craft set up for the kids.  I have to admit I was a bit anxious about this one.  Isaac with paints in an open area....I wasn't sure how this would turn out.


He instantly jumped in with the paint brush and went straight for the paints.  Then.....he went straight for his mouth!  Ugh! Yuck!  Of course from his perspective it seemed like a logical approach to test it out.  Once that mess was cleaned up I guided him back to his Nutcracker. 


Isaac chose an unusual selection of colors....


He was very focused on mixing the paints to achieve the ultimate shade for his vision.


His final masterpiece!  This is where my OCD emerges.  I had this overwhelming need to take this home and repaint it the correct colors.  But, I knew this was his piece, his experience and it was perfect just the way it was.  Once we got home it was proudly displayed on the mantel.  :)  It was a great experience with minor collateral damage of paint on both our shirts and some how some got in my hair but it was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment