Pages

September 12, 2011

Isaac Meet's Great Grandma Jane

Isaac and Great Grandma Jane Strickling
The day Isaac was born Grandma Jane was in the hospital and her blood work resembled results of a mild heart attack.  In July, she celebrated her 95th birthday!  So before it started to get too cold I wanted to make sure Isaac had the opportunity to meet my only living grandparent.  Grandma Jane lives in a small town, Woodsfield, Ohio with a population of around 2500.  It's about an hour from where I grew up in Marietta.

Great Grandma was very happy to see little Isaac.  She really enjoyed holding Isaac and talking to him.  Grandma asked what we were going to call him and Frazer and I both responded that we planned to call him Isaac.  She said "Ike" is a nick name for Isaac, we could call him Ike.  She again asked what we planned to call him.  I looked at Frazer and had to giggle as I responded again that we'll call him Isaac.

You can also never visit Grandma's without being fed.  She offered several times if we wanted something to eat and we really didn't want or need anything.  Before we knew it Grandma was in the kitchen and had dished out a serving of butterscotch pudding for each of us.  It's funny because I remember this growing up and I guess all grandma's want to feed their families when they visit.  I always remember coming to grandma's and getting raisin filled cookies or strawberry jam.   We only had one day to spend in Woodsfield and we only spent a few hours with grandma so Isaac could meet his great aunt and uncle's Roy and Sharon Brannon and Dwight and Jo Ann Brannon.  It was a great day and I was so happy we had the chance to bring Isaac to Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment