Pages

September 12, 2011

Off to Ohio We Go....

When Frazer asked what I wanted for my birthday this year I thought about it and realized it had been six years since I had been back to Ohio where I grew up.  So, this year I wanted to go to Ohio for my birthday.  On Wednesday, September 7th, we packed everything up to head out for our road trip to Ohio.  Before we left though Frazer handed me a wonderful gift bag and insisted I open it before we left.  I really resisted and wanted to take it with us so I could open it on the 8th.  Again, he insisted that I had to open it before we left.  Okay.  Inside the gift bag were two cards and a package.  I opened the first card and I was immediately touched.  It was my first birthday card from Isaac and it was super sweet.  I opened the card from Frazer next and got all weepy. I love my husband and his countless amazing qualities.  He picks the best Hallmark cards.  And....inside the package was my very own iPad :)  He's slowly trying to convert me to Apple products.  He set it all up for me before we left so I could play with it in the car!

We drove Wednesday evening to Charlotte, NC and spent the night.  We woke up Thursday morning and it was my BIRTHDAY!  Even though the day was spent in the car it was a wonderful day with my husband and my son.  My first birthday as a mother and my first birthday with my own family.  And with today's technology and social media I was touched by all the wonderful birthday wishes from friends.  It truly is amazing how much can change in one year.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment