Pages

September 6, 2011

Mommy's Birthday Celebration


I really do LOVE birthdays and whenever there is a reason to celebrate my birthday more than just the one day, I'm all for it!.  It's not about presents either.  It's a day of celebration and reflecting on memories of past birthdays.  But when it comes down to it, it's really all about the dessert!   Before heading to my parents for Labor Day weekend I was asked what kind of cake I would like. This year I didn't want a cake.  All I could think about was the birthday dessert my younger brother Jason made for me a few years ago.  All I could remember was it was made with some type of almond flour and was covered in chocolate ganache.  Turns out it was an Almond Torte and it was awesome.  So, my request this year was a Chocolate Almond Torte.

Once it was finished the offer was made that I could cut it when I wanted to.  Well, that didn't take me long and there was no way I was going to wait until dinner.  When it's your birthday why not have dessert first or better yet, all day long!  So, if you notice from the picture above, the candles were added once I had already sampled a couple of slices. :)  Little man helped me blow out my candles too.  It was a great celebration and my first birthday as a mother.  I have a loving husband and a beautiful son and there is nothing more I could ask for especially knowing we were taking a road trip a few days later for my birthday to Ohio.

Little man hugs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment