Pages

January 22, 2014

Sweater Refashion

I'm still working to improve my sewing skills and what better way to practice them picking up an inexpensive item from Goodwill.  I picked up this sweater and it was a size 28.  While its an incredibly large size the length was perfect for what I was looking for and I loved the shape of the neck.

I had recently seen a couple of sweater refashions on Pinterest and the method seemed simple enough to at least try and if it didn't turned out I would only be out $5 but I'd gain in experience so I gave it a go.

I started by laying down a sweater I already had and liked then I traced the shape onto my refashion piece.  Once I had the shape the way I wanted it I pinned the two sides together.  I used a simple zig-zag stitch and in less than an hour from marking to sewing I had a finished product.


I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment