Pages

January 31, 2013

Isaac's Days of Being an Only Child Are Numbered

Isaac only has 195 more days to enjoy being an only child!  It's been so hard not to talk or write about our exciting news but we've passed the significant milestone so it's time to share the joy and we're so excited!!  We have lots of moments to soak up before we become a family of 4.


The past twelve weeks have in some ways flown by and in other ways crawled by.  The first four weeks or so I was fighting an awful case of bronchitis and of course being pregnant I couldn't use the typical treatment methods.  Fatigue seriously settled in too and who's to know if that was the bronchitis and being sick or the beginning of pregnancy or both.  Then, right at the beginning of six weeks nausea  hit me really hard and on top of that I experienced some spotting which was stressful to me but not a worry for my doctor.

Weeks seven through ten I was completely exhausted and nauseas.  I slept when Isaac slept and nibbled on soup and crackers for the most part.  I remember being nauseas with Isaac but not to this extreme.  With Isaac is was mild and fairly constant but manageable with lemon or ginger candies or ginger ale.  This time however, not so easy.  It was manageable best by laying down for some reason but as soon as I would sit up it would feel as though I was just slammed into a wall with a strong desire to run to the bathroom with no action.  It was just awful and not anything I want to experience again.  Fortunately things have been improving steadily the past couple of weeks.  And....only 13 more days until I'm officially in the 2nd trimester.  Yeah for returning energy!

All I can say is I feel extremely blessed that we're having another baby and to have such a wonderful supportive hubby.  Frazer is the absolute best in making sure I have all the comforts necessary to make me feel better.  He rounded up all the ginger beer (a version of ginger ale) and lemon ginger chews from Cost Plus Word Market in our area.  We're both super excited and looking forward to the August arrival of our little bundle of love.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment