Pages

January 19, 2013

A Week in the Life of Isaac :)

I've been a bit behind in posting updates so I'm doing a few posts in weekly chunks to get everything caught up.

This was a low key week, it's January and cold combined with papa traveling mid week meant a lot of indoor time.  But we were able to have fun and keep Isaac busy.

I want all the toys and the blanket too! 1/14/13

I can do it myself! 1/14/13

Isaac has been keeping me on my toes and all exterior doors now have to be locked with the deadbolt.  Every morning when we come down stairs Isaac wants to go the door to the garage and open the door to look for papa.  He looks for papa's car as if he's expecting to find papa in the garage or just to make sure the car is gone and he's not hiding somewhere.  All while saying, "Pa!".  This week has been different though since Frazer left for Asia on Tuesday will be gone for several days.  So I keep a count down and tell Isaac how many more sleeps until papa comes home.

Where's papa? 1/15/13

Once Isaac is satisfied that papa isn't home he's able to let go and move on.  This morning he indulged in toast with Nutella as an after breakfast treat.

Yummy!  1/15/13

When papa travels Isaac is starting a ritual of pulling all of Frazer's shirts out of the dry cleaning bag in our closet.  He always pulls shoes out to play with when we're in our room but he doesn't pull the shirts out unless Frazer is traveling.

Wearing papa's t-shirt.  1/16/13

This morning he pulled a t-shirt out of the laundry and insisted on bringing it down stairs.  So I left this one in the crib with him the rest of the week.  That same evening he went for the dress shirts and shoes for a total combination.  I can't blame him for wanting to keep papa close.

Dressed Up Like Papa :)  1/16/13

Another morning I had my laptop out while I was attempting to create a meal plan for the week.  While I was writing some notes Isaac navigated his way around the laptop and found the photo booth application.  The screened popped up and turned the camera on and when he saw himself he was thoroughly entertained!

1/17/13

Once we had a plan in place and Isaac was finished looking at himself in the camera we moved in the kitchen to make some muffins.  Isaac was my little helper while we made strawberry yogurt muffins which he loved!


Saturday, the sun was shinning but it was still to cold to go outside so I thought I would attempt to put a movie on and see how Isaac would respond.  I searched around in Netflix and found Dr. Suess's The Lorax.  I'm looking forward to being able to take Isaac to the movies one day but I know we'll have to wait awhile until he can sit through an entire movie.  Much to my surprise though he was mesmerized by all of the colors, the animation and the music.  He stood still, completely motionless forever, then he moved to his little red rocking chair and sat down to continue watching.  Now, he didn't sit through the entire movie but he certainly enjoyed it!

Watching The Lorax 1/19/13

No comments:

Post a Comment