Pages

October 23, 2012

Why I Should Listen to my Intuition....

The nightly ritual had begun to prepare Isaac's bath and start the wind down process for bedtime.  Frazer had just taken Isaac's diaper off and went to start his bath while I picked Isaac up from the changing table and helped him to the floor.  We had a naked baby on the loose and without thinking the words uttered from my mouth....you can run around naked for a couple of minutes just don't pee on anything.....

I turned around to mess with the changing table for something and Isaac was pushing buttons on the humidifier in his room.  Then.....I heard the sounds of liquid hitting the carpet!

Immediately I spun around to find a tiny golden puddle on the floor and my vocal cords squealed out a cautious Ahhhhh!  Then I yelled for Frazer since he was still filling up the bathtub.  Yes, our son had just christened the carpet with a golden shower.  I knelt down and hugged Isaac and led him to his bath so I could clean the carpet.

I'm sure this is a parenting milestone we've achieved of some sort. I know we are not the first parents to have a child pee on the carpet and I know this will not be the last time either.  On one level I'm laughing and smacking myself on another for literally saying out loud to not pee on the carpet.  I know better.  When I utter words completely free from thought, they're messages from myself to listen!  My intuition was telling me to take the child to the bathtub because he's going to pee on the carpet.

Thank you universe, you have my attention.  I'm now fully aware, engaged and listening......while cleaning pee from the carpet.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment