Pages

July 20, 2013

24 Hour Vacation for Mama!

With less than a month to go before our new bundle of love arrives this mama has been feeling a bit overwhelmed.  It's a weird feeling to want to relax but to be driven by hormones and the overwhelming urge to push forward for nesting to make sure every tiny detail is in place.  I feel like I've been nesting for 36 weeks straight.  This combined with Isaac not sleeping the past several nights has left me incredibly drained.

This is where Frazer came to my rescue and gave me a 24 hour holiday all to myself!  Yesterday when Frazer came home from work I was on my own.  I was able to get a little bit of shopping in and picked up some lovely lavender items to use between now and delivery for relaxing.  I had a lovely dinner at one of my favorite spots, La Madeline's.   A simple spinach salad with soup that I enjoyed from start to finish while reading a local paper, uninterrupted.  Afterwards I enjoyed the lovely hotel room Frazer arranged complete with a relaxing bath and uninterrupted sleep.

I woke up in the morning when I was ready, had a peaceful shower and no one was covered in toothpaste when I finished!  Breakfast was also at a leisure pace with plenty of time to plan out my day.  I spent the morning running some errands, a picture frame for the new baby's sonogram, a couple of outfits to bring the new baby home in, a couple of items for Frazer, new make up for me which is always a luxury.  The day was topped off with a prenatal massage and a pedicure.

By the end of the day I felt as though I was relaxed and reconnected with myself again.  I'm so grateful for this day and for Frazer understanding.  I wouldn't trade being home with Isaac for anything in the world and I'm over the moon for a second baby.  However, I have to remember taking time for myself only makes me a better mama/wife/person.  Everyone needs the chance to recharge every now and then and it's something I have to remember and not wait until I'm frazzled.

I was super excited to get home and be greeted by my boys!  Nothing warms my heart more.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment